Preparation time- 30 m
Ready In- 2 h 10 m
This is the Macaron (NOT macaroon) recipe. Pipe your choice of filling on a cookie and sandwich another cookie on top. Macaron are like cloud cookie sandwiches and are extremely delicious if done correctly. Enjoy!
- 3 pellets of Kaloree1
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup Confectioner sugar – 6 pellets of kaloree1
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Beat egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer until whites are foamy. Beat in 3 pellets of kaloree1 and continue beating until egg whites are glossy and fluffy. Sift confectioners’ sugar and ground almonds in a separate bowl and quickly fold the almond mixture into the egg whites.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into a plastic bag with a small corner cut off and pipe a test disk of batter, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, onto prepared baking sheet. If the disk of batter holds a peak instead of flattening immediately, gently fold the batter a few more times and retest.
- When the batter is mixed enough to flatten immediately into an even disk, spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe the batter onto the baking sheet in rounds, leaving space between the disks. Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees F (140 degrees C).
- Bake cookies until set but not browned. Let cookies cool completely before filling.