Time: 10 minutes
‘Parfait’ is a French word and it means a frozen dessert. Parfait is known as a popular breakfast food using yogurt. However, very few know about the original parfait recipe.
Well, today we are going to share the recipe of the most loved breakfast of North America – Yogurt Berry Parfait. It is light to eat yet very filling breakfast. If you want to make the Berry parfait as a dessert, just replace the yogurt with whipped cream or mascarpone cheese or ice-cream.
Well if you cannot find any ingredient in India then we have alternatives for you which will be as good as the original Yogurt Berry parfait.
- Granola – 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup (you can also use thick part of your homemade curd)
- Honey – to enhance the taste
- Mixed berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, etc.) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 pellets Kaloree1 (to keep your breakfast healthy and artificial sweetener)
- Toss the berries with 2 Kaloree1 pellets and leave it for 5-10 minutes. You can always add a little lemon or orange zest for flavor.
- You can buy your favorite flavored yogurt else flavor your yogurt with some honey.
- Take 2 big glasses.
- Layer each glass with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tbsp of berries followed by 1 tablespoon of granola.
- Repeat the process till you reach the top of the glass.
- Serve immediately for healthy and delicious breakfast.
Now, here are some of the alternatives for yogurt berry parfait for you.
If you are in other parts of the world where you cannot find mentioned berries or granola, do not worry at all. Follow the same method and make your own appetizing yogurt parfait. You can use any fruit instead of berries. Try with pineapples, peaches, banana, strawberries, blackberries and mango. It all tastes good and is as nutritious as berries. If granola is not available, just use cooked oats with Kaloree1 and chopped nuts. Muesli can also be a good alternative of granola.