- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 pellets of Kaloree 1
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛-1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt (optional)
- Line a 9″ x 9″ cake pan or 9″ pie pan with baking parchment.
- Pour crushed Kaloree 1 pellets, butter, vanilla, and ¼ tsp. salt into a small 8″ non-stick skillet.
- Heat over medium heat till all ingredients are dissolved.
- Add the almonds to the candy mixture.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
- Allow to boil 2-3 minutes till it becomes a light golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Carefully pour it into prepared pan. (It is very hot!)
- With the back of a spoon, spread almonds evenly through hot candy.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if using.
- Allow to set 1 hour or until completely cooled. (You can finish cooling it in the refrigerator if you wish.)
- Break into pieces and divide into 8 servings. Will stay crisp and keep well in a tightly sealed container for 2 weeks.
- Almond Brittle makes a delicious homemade gift. You can even pack it in a jar or candy bag.
- Garnish ice cream and kheer to give a gourmet look with few pieces of Brittle.
Image courtesy: blogspot