Boondi ke Laddu mean festivities for Indians. Be it any occasion, Boondi Laddus are a staple of every household. But what if you have guests who are diabetics or are watching their diets or follow a no sugar diet? Well, nothing to worry as we are presenting you with an easy recipe to make Boondi Laddus with Kaloree 1.
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- 6 Sachets of Kaloree 1
- Green cardamom – 6
- Pistachios -1 tbsp (optional)
- Melon seeds – 1.5-2 tbsp (optional)
- Oil – 1 tbsp (for mixing in gram flour mixture)
- Desi ghee – for frying boondi
- Strain the gram flour with help of a sieve. Add little water at a time and stir until all lumps gets dissolved. Add some more water and oil. Whisk the batter rigorously until it gets pouring consistency (for making batter from 1 cup gram flour we have used ½ and 1-2 tbsp water). Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the sweet syrup by dissolving Kaloree 1 sachet contents into enough water to soak the boondis. Add cardamom, cashew nuts and melon seeds to it and keep aside.
- Take oil in a pan and place it on flame for heating. Place the ladle 6-7 inch above the pan and pour gram flour batter on top of it with help of a spoon. Mixture falls in the pan and boondi gets ready. Fry until boondi turns golden brown in color.
- Put the boondi in the sweet syrup mixture until it gets absorbed by the boondis.
- Wet your hands with some water and take enough mixture to make bite-sized round ladoos. Keep the ladoos in open air for 5-6 hours and eventually they will dry up.
- Your Kaloree 1 Boondi Laddus are ready!
Image Courtesy: Youtube video