Curb the sugar in your diet, stay healthy and in shape with Kaloree1!
Increased awareness about what to eat helps us stay fit and healthy. Irrespective of the fact that many products we consume in our daily lives have side effects, we deliberately ignore them. It may be the easy availability of these products and our fondness for them that causes many health problems.
Mostly, the Indian food is either extremely sweet or salty or too spicy and all these kinds are very harmful to the body, when used in excess. Do you know that sugar affects our body and mind in the most powerful ways? The ingredients that are present in sugar contain no nutrients, no healthy fats, no proteins, no minerals, and no enzymes. All it contains is calories. In fact, sugar was never considered to be a part of any ‘Food group’. So, eliminating sugar from our diet does not deprive us of any nutrition. But, still our craving for sugary products never ends.
So now the question arises, what is in Sugar?
Sugar is a mixture of glucose and fructose. Eminent doctors say that fructose is very harmful if not metabolized effectively.
- Diabetes: Too much sugar increases the risk of This chronic disease happens when the body has to deal with high blood sugar levels.
- High Blood Pressure: The usual perception is that if one is suffering from high blood pressure, he/she should not eat food loaded with salt. However, the fact is, sugar is just as harmful as salt for the people with hypertension.
- Brain: Excessive sugar stops the proper functioning of the brain. When we consume sugar, the bacteria in the intestines, responsible for manufacturing Vitamin B complexes, begin to diminish and glutamic acid is not processed. This causes sleeplessness and decreases our calculative capability and reduces the ability of short-term memory Sugar also causes a massive Dopamine release in the brain that can damage brain cells.
- Obesity: Sugar is stored as fat in the body. People with obesity problems develop the risk of Type 2 diabetes and fatty liver.
- Gallstone: Sugar disturbs the balance of essential minerals required for the proper functioning of the body. When these minerals become disturbed, the level of calcium becomes toxic, and begins to be deposited in the body, sometimes also in the gallbladder. This creates gallstone disease.
- Osteoporosis and Tooth Decay: A heavily sugar diet makes us osteoporotic, characterized by a decrease in bone mass and density and tooth decay as the calcium in our body is used to neutralize the effects of sugar. As sugar has got no nutrients, it adds no essential vitamins, minerals and enzymes to the body. The lack of nutrients that can be used to metabolize sugar makes the body weak and lessens its ability to remove the poisonous residues.
- Kidney Disease: As sugar causes obesity and diabetes, both are responsible for risk of kidney disease.
Sugar is a Sweet Poison, Control it in your Diet for a Disease free Lifestyle. Believe in Kaloree1 and Stay Healthy!