Payasam is the South-Indian cousin to the North-Indian Kheer or Halwa (depending upon how it is made). It is a famous and much loved dessert that is one of the favorites of the country. It is a simple yet soulful food that is cooked on auspicious occasions and celebrations are incomplete without it. Today we will share a yummy Payasam recipe with you.
- 200 gm Moong Daal
- 4 Tablespoon Ghee
- 4-5 sticks cinnamon
- 4 pods green cardamom
- 4 sachets of Kaloree 1
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- ½ cup milk
- Soak moong dal in water.
- Heat some ghee in a pan and add cinnamon and green cardamom. Saute for a minute.
- Drain the dal and add it to the cooking mixture. Add water and cook for sometime. Remove and leave it to cool.
- Blend the dal to make a thick puree.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the dal paste, green cardamom powder, coconut milk and milk. Cook for sometime.
- Let it cool and add the Kaloree 1 Sachets.
Your Moong Daal Payasam is ready!
Image Courtesy: food.ndtv.com