Can you ignore Hot Chocolate by any means during winters?
I can never do so, even if it is summers. If you hold that love for chocolate and milk then there is no way out to avoid it when it is healthy at the same time.
We all have our favorite comfort drink and I always find it hard to choose between red wine and hot chocolate. A few ounces of semi-sweet chocolate melted into a cup of steamy whole milk is pure heaven but it is never enough for me. My desires never satiate so I thought about mixing the two of my favorite drinks together- Red Wine & Hot Chocolate.
A super easy mixture of chocolate chips melted in a small saucepan with milk and red wine.
For me, the ideal combo yields a thick, sipping chocolate with a slightly brick-red hue. Its richness allows the fruity aromas and flavors that red wine and chocolate share to come bursting through.
So, how to Make Red Wine Hot Chocolate?
- 3/4 cup milk (2 percent or whole, for a real indulgence)
- 1/2 cup red wine (light and fruity)
- 1/4 cup Kaloree1 sweetened chocolate (as per your taste)
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan and pour in milk, whisking until combined and creamy over medium heat.
- Add in red wine and heat through.
- Turn off and serve in two small teacups, one large mug if you’re up for a rich drink, or tasting cups for a party.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick, or crush a few mint leaves on top if you want to be extra creative with your Red Wine Hot Chocolate.
Enjoy your desirably healthy winter drink!
Image courtesy: 50campfires.com