Life is too short, eat desserts first. Some people may have trouble with this idea because they are diabetic. It’s a common thing that forces people to stay away from sweets. Even if they have a hard core sweet tooth, they have to survive by cooling their desires. But times have changed now, there are new healthy ways to make your life sweet again. Here comes the recipe of the much loved gujjia and guess what, instead of sugar we suggest you to use the best artificial sweetener Kaloree1. Here is the ‘Kaloree1 Gujjia’.
- Whole wheat flour 500gm
- Ghee 120gm
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Mava 100gm
- 20 Tabs Kaloree1
- Milk 100ml
- Cashews 50gm
- Almonds 50gm
- Cardamom Powder 5gm
FOR THE DOUGH:
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, ghee and salt.
- Slowly add water and knead into semi hard dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside.
FOR THE STUFFING:
- In a pan add ghee, cashew, almonds and slightly brown them.
- Now in a pan boil milk, add mava and the ingredients in point 1 and further reduce it till milk is evaporated. Add Kaloree1 to the hot mixture.
- Divide the dough evenly, and roll out into circles of 5’ diameter.
- Place a spoonful of stuffing in the center and fold each sheet in half. Use a gujjia mold to create the crescent border and cut off excess dough.
- Fry them in very hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown. Remove, allow to cool and serve.