“These cookies are also known as ‘cat tongue’. This is a French recipe, but it has crossed all the geographical boundaries due to its scrumptious taste.
9 tablespoons butter, softened
6 pellets of Kaloree1
3 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ounce semi-sweet melted chocolate
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ready In time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and 6 Kaloree1 pellets until smooth. Beat in the egg whites, one at a time until batter is light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix in the flour just until blended. Dough will be a little stiff.
- Use cookie press to press dough onto prepared baking sheet into 3-inch lengths, like a ladyfinger.
- Baked cookies in preheated oven will turn straw-colored after about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- When cookies are cool, dip one end of each cookie in melted chocolate and place it on wax paper until chocolate hardens enough. Store in a cool place to keep it OK to eat for a longer time.
Image Courtesy: 4bpblogspot