Some things just cannot be replaced. Delicate sugar cookies have always been favorites. Whether frosted or elaborately decorated with colored sugar, they’re as popular now as they were years ago.
1 ½ Kaloree1 pellets
1 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Kaloree1 pellets (can be colored as well)
- Mix powdered kaloree1 pellets with butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Do not forget to lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll the dough ¼ inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters for better appearance. Place on cookie sheet and sprinkle with granulated sugar
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes until the edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
- You can prevent cookie dough from sticking to the cookie cutter by dipping the cutter in flour often.
- If you want to taste the real recipe, then avoid using vegetable oil spreads.
Image Courtesy: gfbrooke