Diabetes is one of the most common health conditions affecting people due to poor lifestyle and bad eating habits. This condition arises when the amount of glucose becomes too high in the body. The best way to maintain your blood sugar status is having a strict control over eating habits. Eating healthy food items throughout the day helps the body control blood glucose level.
However, if you suffer from diabetes, here are the top 7 food items that do wonders for those who want to live healthily with diabetes.
- Fruit and Vegetable Salad – It is the best option for snacks. Fiber, present in vegetables, helps control the blood glucose level. Keep one thing in mind; choose fruits that are relatively low in sugar content.
- Sprouts – Steamed sprouts along with tomatoes, lemon juice and salt is the best treat for a diabetic body. One can also munch roasted chana and moong dal.
- Nuts – Nuts make the best food for the body to get appropriate amount of healthy fats, proteins and carbohydrates. But always keep the quantity in mind.
- Green Tea – It contains a strong antioxidant compound named Polyphenol, that controls the release of blood sugar and maintain insulin level in the body.
- Smoothies – You can have variety of healthy smoothies by blending fresh fruits and vegetables together. Don’t worry about the sugar intake as you can go for Kaloree1 in order to get that perfect sugary taste.
Always prefer a well balanced and planned diet for a perfect health. Maintain your sugar level to enjoy the sweetness of life.
Image Courtesy: steveolschwangerfiles., trendymods, foodiliciousnan, glossophilia, irandaily, lovetaste.