With winter season approaching, we all need to take care of ourselves. Masala Chai is that ‘all-purpose medicine/refreshing beverage’ that can give our immune systems that extra boost. It is full of spices and its fragrance is ever so tantalizing. Today, we are sharing a healthier recipe of your favorite winter season companion, Masala Chai with a tried and well known artificial sweetener brand, Kaloree 1.
- 4whole cloves
- 1 inch of Ginger
- 2cardamom pods
- 1cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 3cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 sachets Kaloree 1
- 2tablespoons black tea
Servings: 2-3 Cups
- In a mortar, crush the ginger, cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon, or use a coffee grinder.
- Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea.
- Cover and let steep for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, stir the chai and strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups.
- Add the Kaloree 1 sachets
Image Courtesy: epicurious.com